00800 24 800 800 DE EN FR IT
Customer service
24-hour hotline 00800 24 800 800
From outside Switzerland: +41 58 285 28 28
Contact & Services
myBaloise E-Banking Link öffnet in einem neuen Tab My Account Logout
Contact & services Roadside assistance
  • Report your vehicle breakdown online
  • You will receive immediate feedback on the estimated waiting time for the breakdown service to arrive
  • Use your smartphone for easy localisation
Report a vehicle breakdown online
What is needed in the event of a breakdown?
In the event of a vehicle breakdown, the following information is required:
  • Exact location of the broken-down vehicle: localisation (is automatically detected during online breakdown reporting) or by stating street, house number or kilometre on motorway (for telephone reports)
  • Contact details for queries (driver's name, telephone number)
  • Licence plate number, make and colour of the broken-down vehicle
  • Type of vehicle breakdown

After reporting your vehicle breakdown, you will be informed by text message or telephone about the current status of the breakdown service.

How it works

1. Choose your type of breakdown, determine your location and enter your details about yourself and the breakdown vehicle.

2. Choose whether you need help as quickly as possible or whether you prefer to book an appointment.

3. After submitting, you will immediately receive a confirmation SMS with the current approximate waiting time until the breakdown assistance arrives at your location.

You can report your vehicle breakdown by telephone on 00800 24 800 800.
If you cannot reach us from abroad, dial +41 58 285 28 28.

Report a breakdown online
Important emergency numbers
  • For injured people: Emergency 144. Dial the emergency number first and then give first aid
  • If there is a risk of fire or explosion: Fire brigade 118
  • In the event of an accident on the motorway, if you are injured, in the event of a collision with an animal or in the event of a dispute: Police 112
Frequently asked questions
What is the difference between a vehicle breakdown and a claim?

In the event of a vehicle breakdown, it is no longer possible to continue driving your vehicle and you require assistance from our breakdown service. Common incidents are a damaged tyre, engine damage or a flat battery.

A claim is an insured event that is covered by third-party liability, partial casco, collision casco or supplementary cover.

Common events include collisions with other vehicles or objects, glass breakage or marten bites. If you are unable to continue your journey due to insured and covered damage, you can also use our breakdown service to recover the vehicle and tow it to a suitable repair workshop nearby.

Do you have a claim? Report damage

Where can I see if the vehicle breakdown is covered?
  • The cover may be included in your motor insurance contract under "Assistance".

  • In your household/travel insurance contract, "Vehicle Assistance" may be included under the additional cover within  “Drive” travel insurance.

If you do not have your contract to hand, you can find it in the "myBaloise" customer portal. If you have not received any access data, you can register here. You already have an account but no longer have your access data at hand? You can reset your password here.

What happens after I have reported my vehicle breakdown online?
  • After submitting, you will immediately receive a confirmation SMS with the current approximate waiting time until the breakdown service arrives at your location.

  • If any questions remain unanswered on the basis of the information submitted, or if telephone assistance is sufficient at best, a contact person will call you back.

  • As soon as the breakdown service has been dispatched and is on the road, he or she will contact you by telephone.